Sep 21, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA have another date in front of the Quebec Labour Relations Board, this one on Oct. 15 when the players will once again argue that the lockout is illegal under provincial law and the league will say, no, no it’s really not.
Wait a second, you may be thinking, didn’t the NHL already win this thing before the lockout even started?
No, the league only convinced the board to reject a temporary injunction that would keep the NHL from locking out members of the Montreal Canadiens.
A final decision is expected to be handed down following the Oct. 15 hearing.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63