Sep 21, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT
The Czech Extraliga has added a pair of veteran NHL defensemen.
Klesla, 30, will return to the Czech league much like he did during the last NHL work stoppage (albeit for a different team.) Trinec has been aggressive in pursuing locked-out players, having already agreed to terms with Oilers defenseman Ladislav Smid and Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec.
Kaberle, 34, rejoins the Kladno squad he suited up for during the 2004-05 lockout.
Kladno promises to be one of the most entertaining European squads during this current work stoppage — in addition to Kaberle and Jagr, the squad will also feature the likes of Tomas Plekanec, Marek Zidlicky, Jiri Tlusty and the host of ex-NHLers that were already with the club: Jiri Bicek, Jan Hlavac, Ivan Majesky and Pavel Patera.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)