Sep 21, 2012, 3:56 PM EST
The Czech Extraliga has added a pair of veteran NHL defensemen.
Klesla, 30, will return to the Czech league much like he did during the last NHL work stoppage (albeit for a different team.) Trinec has been aggressive in pursuing locked-out players, having already agreed to terms with Oilers defenseman Ladislav Smid and Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec.
Kaberle, 34, rejoins the Kladno squad he suited up for during the 2004-05 lockout.
Kladno promises to be one of the most entertaining European squads during this current work stoppage — in addition to Kaberle and Jagr, the squad will also feature the likes of Tomas Plekanec, Marek Zidlicky, Jiri Tlusty and the host of ex-NHLers that were already with the club: Jiri Bicek, Jan Hlavac, Ivan Majesky and Pavel Patera.
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 6
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 8
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 101
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 128
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (129)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (107)