Sep 21, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT
The Czech Extraliga has added a pair of veteran NHL defensemen.
Klesla, 30, will return to the Czech league much like he did during the last NHL work stoppage (albeit for a different team.) Trinec has been aggressive in pursuing locked-out players, having already agreed to terms with Oilers defenseman Ladislav Smid and Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec.
Kaberle, 34, rejoins the Kladno squad he suited up for during the 2004-05 lockout.
Kladno promises to be one of the most entertaining European squads during this current work stoppage — in addition to Kaberle and Jagr, the squad will also feature the likes of Tomas Plekanec, Marek Zidlicky, Jiri Tlusty and the host of ex-NHLers that were already with the club: Jiri Bicek, Jan Hlavac, Ivan Majesky and Pavel Patera.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 12
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 49
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)