Sep 21, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT
The Czech Extraliga has added a pair of veteran NHL defensemen.
Klesla, 30, will return to the Czech league much like he did during the last NHL work stoppage (albeit for a different team.) Trinec has been aggressive in pursuing locked-out players, having already agreed to terms with Oilers defenseman Ladislav Smid and Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec.
Kaberle, 34, rejoins the Kladno squad he suited up for during the 2004-05 lockout.
Kladno promises to be one of the most entertaining European squads during this current work stoppage — in addition to Kaberle and Jagr, the squad will also feature the likes of Tomas Plekanec, Marek Zidlicky, Jiri Tlusty and the host of ex-NHLers that were already with the club: Jiri Bicek, Jan Hlavac, Ivan Majesky and Pavel Patera.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5