Sep 21, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT
The Czech Extraliga has added a pair of veteran NHL defensemen.
Klesla, 30, will return to the Czech league much like he did during the last NHL work stoppage (albeit for a different team.) Trinec has been aggressive in pursuing locked-out players, having already agreed to terms with Oilers defenseman Ladislav Smid and Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec.
Kaberle, 34, rejoins the Kladno squad he suited up for during the 2004-05 lockout.
Kladno promises to be one of the most entertaining European squads during this current work stoppage — in addition to Kaberle and Jagr, the squad will also feature the likes of Tomas Plekanec, Marek Zidlicky, Jiri Tlusty and the host of ex-NHLers that were already with the club: Jiri Bicek, Jan Hlavac, Ivan Majesky and Pavel Patera.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 12
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 10
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38