Sep 21, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Not every player headed to a foreign league is a big star like Alex Ovechkin. Here’s a collection of some of the smaller signings.
- Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar is headed to Slovakia to play for HK Dukla Trencin. The Red Wings might ask to bring him back to North America to play for the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins once their season starts, however, according to Ansar Khan’s report.
- Another young Red Wings player is going overseas as well. Jakub Kindl announced on his own Twitter page that he’ll skate for HC Pardubice in the Czech Extraliga.
- Montreal Canadiens blueliner Alexei Emelin will play for Kazan in the KHL, Liz Mullen reports.
- Finally, Roman Polak‘s* agent Allan Walsh reveals that the St. Louis Blues defenseman will join HC Vitkovice immediately.
* – Polak is in the featured image throwing a punch, by the way.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 4
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31