Sep 21, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Not every player headed to a foreign league is a big star like Alex Ovechkin. Here’s a collection of some of the smaller signings.
- Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar is headed to Slovakia to play for HK Dukla Trencin. The Red Wings might ask to bring him back to North America to play for the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins once their season starts, however, according to Ansar Khan’s report.
- Another young Red Wings player is going overseas as well. Jakub Kindl announced on his own Twitter page that he’ll skate for HC Pardubice in the Czech Extraliga.
- Montreal Canadiens blueliner Alexei Emelin will play for Kazan in the KHL, Liz Mullen reports.
- Finally, Roman Polak‘s* agent Allan Walsh reveals that the St. Louis Blues defenseman will join HC Vitkovice immediately.
* – Polak is in the featured image throwing a punch, by the way.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)