Sep 21, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Not every player headed to a foreign league is a big star like Alex Ovechkin. Here’s a collection of some of the smaller signings.
- Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar is headed to Slovakia to play for HK Dukla Trencin. The Red Wings might ask to bring him back to North America to play for the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins once their season starts, however, according to Ansar Khan’s report.
- Another young Red Wings player is going overseas as well. Jakub Kindl announced on his own Twitter page that he’ll skate for HC Pardubice in the Czech Extraliga.
- Montreal Canadiens blueliner Alexei Emelin will play for Kazan in the KHL, Liz Mullen reports.
- Finally, Roman Polak‘s* agent Allan Walsh reveals that the St. Louis Blues defenseman will join HC Vitkovice immediately.
* – Polak is in the featured image throwing a punch, by the way.
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 10
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 36
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)