Sep 21, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Not every player headed to a foreign league is a big star like Alex Ovechkin. Here’s a collection of some of the smaller signings.
- Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar is headed to Slovakia to play for HK Dukla Trencin. The Red Wings might ask to bring him back to North America to play for the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins once their season starts, however, according to Ansar Khan’s report.
- Another young Red Wings player is going overseas as well. Jakub Kindl announced on his own Twitter page that he’ll skate for HC Pardubice in the Czech Extraliga.
- Montreal Canadiens blueliner Alexei Emelin will play for Kazan in the KHL, Liz Mullen reports.
- Finally, Roman Polak‘s* agent Allan Walsh reveals that the St. Louis Blues defenseman will join HC Vitkovice immediately.
* – Polak is in the featured image throwing a punch, by the way.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 21
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)