Sep 21, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Not every player headed to a foreign league is a big star like Alex Ovechkin. Here’s a collection of some of the smaller signings.
- Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar is headed to Slovakia to play for HK Dukla Trencin. The Red Wings might ask to bring him back to North America to play for the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins once their season starts, however, according to Ansar Khan’s report.
- Another young Red Wings player is going overseas as well. Jakub Kindl announced on his own Twitter page that he’ll skate for HC Pardubice in the Czech Extraliga.
- Montreal Canadiens blueliner Alexei Emelin will play for Kazan in the KHL, Liz Mullen reports.
- Finally, Roman Polak‘s* agent Allan Walsh reveals that the St. Louis Blues defenseman will join HC Vitkovice immediately.
* – Polak is in the featured image throwing a punch, by the way.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)