Sep 21, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
Bobrovsky started his career in Russia, with Metallurg Novokuznetsk, before joining the Flyers organization in 2010. He’s SKA’s second NHL signing of the lockout — New Jersey’s Ilya Kovalchuk was the first — and the St. Petersburg club is expected to fill its third and final spot with St. Louis prospect Vladimir Tarasenko.
Where Bobrovsky fits remains to be seen. He told reporters he had no idea how much playing time he’d get on a SKA team with three goalies already in the mix. The 23-year-old has 90 NHL games to his credit and will be vying for the Blue Jackets’ No. 1 gig when (or, if) the season gets underway.
As for Babchuk, he’ll be joining the KHL’s lone Ukrainian team.
Donbass had already filled two of its transfer spots by agreeing to terms with Flyers forward Ruslan Fedotenko and Jets winger Alexei Ponikarovsky, adding to a lineup that featured a number of ex-NHLers (Oskars Bartulis, Evgeni Dadonov, Erik Ersberg, Lukas Kaspar, Vaclav Nederost and Karel Pilar.)
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)