Sep 21, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
Ennis, 22, was in the news recently as he agreed to a two-year, $5.6 million extension with the Sabres just hours before the lockout.
The diminutive center was expected to challenge for Buffalo’s No. 1 center position this year but, with the work stoppage, he’ll now be challenging former Boston farmhand (and Langnau captain) Pascal Pelletier for the same spot with the Tigers.
Spurgeon, 22, heads to Switzerland on the heels of a breakout campaign with the Wild. The offensive defenseman led all Minnesota blueliners in scoring last season (3G-20A-23PTS), playing in a career-high 70 games.
The move to Langnau also represents a reunion of sorts, as Ennis and Spurgeon have been close friends since growing up together in Edmonton, AB.
Image courtesy the Minnesota Star-Tribune. (Link)
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)