Sep 20, 2012, 11:16 PM EST
If the Sedin twins decide to play somewhere other than the NHL during the lockout, it’s likely that they’ll skate for Swedish Elite League team Modo.
Henrik Sedin told Team 1040 that the Vancouver Canucks’ duo will consider playing the “second half of the year” for the iconic team. The two stars matured in the team’s system, which has employed some of the best Swedes to ever play in North America.
Of course, Sweden’s top league still needs to open its doors to NHL players for that to even be an option.
If that happens, Modo GM (and former Canucks captain) Markus Naslund told the Vancouver Sun that it would be a “dream” to add the Sedins, especially in the wake of some injuries.
“Yeah, for sure, if it ends up being a situation where the league opens things up, I’d be a fool not to accept them,” Naslund said. “Knowing the character of those two, you know you are going to get 100 percent every game they are playing in. Both at home and on the road, they would be a big draw.”
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 37
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 25
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)