Sep 20, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
If the Sedin twins decide to play somewhere other than the NHL during the lockout, it’s likely that they’ll skate for Swedish Elite League team Modo.
Henrik Sedin told Team 1040 that the Vancouver Canucks’ duo will consider playing the “second half of the year” for the iconic team. The two stars matured in the team’s system, which has employed some of the best Swedes to ever play in North America.
Of course, Sweden’s top league still needs to open its doors to NHL players for that to even be an option.
If that happens, Modo GM (and former Canucks captain) Markus Naslund told the Vancouver Sun that it would be a “dream” to add the Sedins, especially in the wake of some injuries.
“Yeah, for sure, if it ends up being a situation where the league opens things up, I’d be a fool not to accept them,” Naslund said. “Knowing the character of those two, you know you are going to get 100 percent every game they are playing in. Both at home and on the road, they would be a big draw.”
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 30
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)