Sep 20, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
If the Sedin twins decide to play somewhere other than the NHL during the lockout, it’s likely that they’ll skate for Swedish Elite League team Modo.
Henrik Sedin told Team 1040 that the Vancouver Canucks’ duo will consider playing the “second half of the year” for the iconic team. The two stars matured in the team’s system, which has employed some of the best Swedes to ever play in North America.
Of course, Sweden’s top league still needs to open its doors to NHL players for that to even be an option.
If that happens, Modo GM (and former Canucks captain) Markus Naslund told the Vancouver Sun that it would be a “dream” to add the Sedins, especially in the wake of some injuries.
“Yeah, for sure, if it ends up being a situation where the league opens things up, I’d be a fool not to accept them,” Naslund said. “Knowing the character of those two, you know you are going to get 100 percent every game they are playing in. Both at home and on the road, they would be a big draw.”
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)