Sep 20, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
The first contest will be held in Chateauguay, a suburb of Montreal, and will feature a number of Francophone NHL players: Pittsburgh’s Marc-Andre Fleury and Kris Letang, Montreal’s David Desharnais and Mathieu Darche and St. Louis’ David Perron.
The games are scheduled to take place on a weekly basis and the cost of tickets will be $20.
RDS reports that all proceeds will go to charity.
The so-called “caravan” league is a spinoff of an idea hatched by ex-NHLer Joel Bouchard during the last lockout.
He created the McDonald’s Caravan, a 16-weekend tour of four-on-four hockey that featured the likes of Jose Theodore, Simon Gagne, J.S. Giguere, Yanic Perreault and Alexandre Daigle. The league toured throughout Quebec and all proceeds went to charity, leaving a lasting legacy on a number of French-Canadian players.
“They traveled and called it the caravan and they traveled all over Quebec with different games every weekend,” Briere said. “I didn’t get to participate in that because I was in Switzerland, but it was a lot of fun from what I heard.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 49
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)