Sep 20, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
With the Swedish Elite League saying no to locked-out NHLers, the Swedish second division continues to add star power.
According to HockeyExpressen, the pair are still sorting out insurance issues.
Murray played for Djugarden’s junior team waaaay back in 1996-97 before jumping overseas to play in the Eastern Junior Hockey League, then spending four years at Cornell University.
Hornqvist represented Djugardens at both the junior and senior levels, including the 2006-07 season where he led the team in goals (23) as a 19-year-old.
With St. Louis’ Patrik Berglund (see here) and Los Angeles’ Anze Kopitar (see here) already committed to the Swedish second division, the additions of Murray and Hornqvist could make the Allsvenskan a compelling league this year.
Well, depending on your standards for “compelling.” Mine are pretty low right now.
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 4
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 17
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 64
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights