Sep 20, 2012, 12:19 PM EDT
Amen, Bobby Orr.
The hockey legend pretty much nailed it Thursday morning on Toronto television when asked how he’d solve the NHL lockout.
“I know what I’d do with them,” Orr said. “I’d put them in a room with bread and water and say, ‘Now you stay in there until you make a deal.’”
“It would be outrageous not to have a season,” he added.
So outrageous, in fact, that Orr believes there will be a season.
“I think we’ll get most of the season in,” said Orr. “[Donald Fehr] and [Gary Bettman] are two smart guys, and there’s so much good in our game right now. From talent, the L.A. market winning the Stanley Cup, the Rangers are going to be strong, there’s so many young players, TV contracts – there’s a lot at stake here. I think it can be done.”
Hopefully he’s right.
Though it still might be worth locking them in a room with bread and water.
And if that doesn’t work, take away the bread and water.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)