Sep 20, 2012, 12:19 PM EST
Amen, Bobby Orr.
The hockey legend pretty much nailed it Thursday morning on Toronto television when asked how he’d solve the NHL lockout.
“I know what I’d do with them,” Orr said. “I’d put them in a room with bread and water and say, ‘Now you stay in there until you make a deal.’”
“It would be outrageous not to have a season,” he added.
So outrageous, in fact, that Orr believes there will be a season.
“I think we’ll get most of the season in,” said Orr. “[Donald Fehr] and [Gary Bettman] are two smart guys, and there’s so much good in our game right now. From talent, the L.A. market winning the Stanley Cup, the Rangers are going to be strong, there’s so many young players, TV contracts – there’s a lot at stake here. I think it can be done.”
Hopefully he’s right.
Though it still might be worth locking them in a room with bread and water.
And if that doesn’t work, take away the bread and water.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 18
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 43
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)