Sep 20, 2012, 12:19 PM EDT
Amen, Bobby Orr.
The hockey legend pretty much nailed it Thursday morning on Toronto television when asked how he’d solve the NHL lockout.
“I know what I’d do with them,” Orr said. “I’d put them in a room with bread and water and say, ‘Now you stay in there until you make a deal.’”
“It would be outrageous not to have a season,” he added.
So outrageous, in fact, that Orr believes there will be a season.
“I think we’ll get most of the season in,” said Orr. “[Donald Fehr] and [Gary Bettman] are two smart guys, and there’s so much good in our game right now. From talent, the L.A. market winning the Stanley Cup, the Rangers are going to be strong, there’s so many young players, TV contracts – there’s a lot at stake here. I think it can be done.”
Hopefully he’s right.
Though it still might be worth locking them in a room with bread and water.
And if that doesn’t work, take away the bread and water.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 2
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 22
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)