Sep 20, 2012, 12:19 PM EDT
Amen, Bobby Orr.
The hockey legend pretty much nailed it Thursday morning on Toronto television when asked how he’d solve the NHL lockout.
“I know what I’d do with them,” Orr said. “I’d put them in a room with bread and water and say, ‘Now you stay in there until you make a deal.’”
“It would be outrageous not to have a season,” he added.
So outrageous, in fact, that Orr believes there will be a season.
“I think we’ll get most of the season in,” said Orr. “[Donald Fehr] and [Gary Bettman] are two smart guys, and there’s so much good in our game right now. From talent, the L.A. market winning the Stanley Cup, the Rangers are going to be strong, there’s so many young players, TV contracts – there’s a lot at stake here. I think it can be done.”
Hopefully he’s right.
Though it still might be worth locking them in a room with bread and water.
And if that doesn’t work, take away the bread and water.
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 4
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 15
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 8
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)