Sep 20, 2012, 9:18 PM EST
“I’ll wait and see. I don’t have a hard date or anything like that,” Crosby said. “I just want to get a feel for how things move along here and hopefully there are some positive talks and some movement, and a sign that things are going to get done here.”
” … And if it seems like it’s taking a little bit more time, then I’ll have to think pretty hard about maybe going to play somewhere until they figure it out.”
A team seeking Crosby’s services would likely need to “think pretty hard” about the economic impact of bringing him on, too.
For all of the benefits he’d bring from on-ice and marketing standpoints, paying as much as $400K per month to cover his monthly insurance costs alone might give many teams cold feet.
Either way, it seems likely that Crosby will take his time to make such a decision.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)