Sep 20, 2012, 9:18 PM EDT
“I’ll wait and see. I don’t have a hard date or anything like that,” Crosby said. “I just want to get a feel for how things move along here and hopefully there are some positive talks and some movement, and a sign that things are going to get done here.”
” … And if it seems like it’s taking a little bit more time, then I’ll have to think pretty hard about maybe going to play somewhere until they figure it out.”
A team seeking Crosby’s services would likely need to “think pretty hard” about the economic impact of bringing him on, too.
For all of the benefits he’d bring from on-ice and marketing standpoints, paying as much as $400K per month to cover his monthly insurance costs alone might give many teams cold feet.
Either way, it seems likely that Crosby will take his time to make such a decision.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 4
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39