Sep 20, 2012, 9:18 PM EDT
“I’ll wait and see. I don’t have a hard date or anything like that,” Crosby said. “I just want to get a feel for how things move along here and hopefully there are some positive talks and some movement, and a sign that things are going to get done here.”
” … And if it seems like it’s taking a little bit more time, then I’ll have to think pretty hard about maybe going to play somewhere until they figure it out.”
A team seeking Crosby’s services would likely need to “think pretty hard” about the economic impact of bringing him on, too.
For all of the benefits he’d bring from on-ice and marketing standpoints, paying as much as $400K per month to cover his monthly insurance costs alone might give many teams cold feet.
Either way, it seems likely that Crosby will take his time to make such a decision.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)