Sep 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Those active players join the likes of Wayne Gretzky (naturally No. 1), Mario Lemieux and Bobby Orr on John Kreiser’s countdown of the game’s best passers.
Kreiser praises Sedin (No. 10) for the puck cycling methods he’s developed with his more trigger-happy brother Daniel, calling Henrik a “master down low.”
Thornton edges Chicago Blackhawks great Stan Mikita for the seventh spot, as Kreiser wonders if Jumbo Joe is the best pure passer in the sport.
Crosby grabs the highest rank of any active player at fifth overall, earning this description:
Like any great passer, Crosby often seems to have eyes in the back of his head. He came into the NHL with the uncanny ability to find open teammates seemingly without looking at them — making him nearly impossible to defend against.
Are there any active players who might deserve inclusion on the list instead of one (or more) of those three?
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 43
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (44)