Sep 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Those active players join the likes of Wayne Gretzky (naturally No. 1), Mario Lemieux and Bobby Orr on John Kreiser’s countdown of the game’s best passers.
Kreiser praises Sedin (No. 10) for the puck cycling methods he’s developed with his more trigger-happy brother Daniel, calling Henrik a “master down low.”
Thornton edges Chicago Blackhawks great Stan Mikita for the seventh spot, as Kreiser wonders if Jumbo Joe is the best pure passer in the sport.
Crosby grabs the highest rank of any active player at fifth overall, earning this description:
Like any great passer, Crosby often seems to have eyes in the back of his head. He came into the NHL with the uncanny ability to find open teammates seemingly without looking at them — making him nearly impossible to defend against.
Are there any active players who might deserve inclusion on the list instead of one (or more) of those three?
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (118)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)