Sep 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Those active players join the likes of Wayne Gretzky (naturally No. 1), Mario Lemieux and Bobby Orr on John Kreiser’s countdown of the game’s best passers.
Kreiser praises Sedin (No. 10) for the puck cycling methods he’s developed with his more trigger-happy brother Daniel, calling Henrik a “master down low.”
Thornton edges Chicago Blackhawks great Stan Mikita for the seventh spot, as Kreiser wonders if Jumbo Joe is the best pure passer in the sport.
Crosby grabs the highest rank of any active player at fifth overall, earning this description:
Like any great passer, Crosby often seems to have eyes in the back of his head. He came into the NHL with the uncanny ability to find open teammates seemingly without looking at them — making him nearly impossible to defend against.
Are there any active players who might deserve inclusion on the list instead of one (or more) of those three?
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 1
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)