Sep 19, 2012, 12:59 PM EDT
New York Islanders fans will have to wait for a glimpse inside their team’s potential future home.
According to Chris Botta of Sports Business Journal, the Oct.2 preseason game between the Isles and Devils at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn will be officially cancelled in the coming days.
The news is no surprise. It’s only a matter of time until the entire NHL exhibition schedule is cancelled due to the lockout.
The Barclays Center opens Sept. 28 with a Jay-Z concert.
Good tickets remain for the Harlem Globetrotters on Oct. 7.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)