Sep 19, 2012, 12:59 PM EDT
New York Islanders fans will have to wait for a glimpse inside their team’s potential future home.
According to Chris Botta of Sports Business Journal, the Oct.2 preseason game between the Isles and Devils at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn will be officially cancelled in the coming days.
The news is no surprise. It’s only a matter of time until the entire NHL exhibition schedule is cancelled due to the lockout.
The Barclays Center opens Sept. 28 with a Jay-Z concert.
Good tickets remain for the Harlem Globetrotters on Oct. 7.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)