Sep 19, 2012, 12:59 PM EDT
New York Islanders fans will have to wait for a glimpse inside their team’s potential future home.
According to Chris Botta of Sports Business Journal, the Oct.2 preseason game between the Isles and Devils at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn will be officially cancelled in the coming days.
The news is no surprise. It’s only a matter of time until the entire NHL exhibition schedule is cancelled due to the lockout.
The Barclays Center opens Sept. 28 with a Jay-Z concert.
Good tickets remain for the Harlem Globetrotters on Oct. 7.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 0
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 28
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)