Sep 19, 2012, 12:59 PM EDT
New York Islanders fans will have to wait for a glimpse inside their team’s potential future home.
According to Chris Botta of Sports Business Journal, the Oct.2 preseason game between the Isles and Devils at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn will be officially cancelled in the coming days.
The news is no surprise. It’s only a matter of time until the entire NHL exhibition schedule is cancelled due to the lockout.
The Barclays Center opens Sept. 28 with a Jay-Z concert.
Good tickets remain for the Harlem Globetrotters on Oct. 7.
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 3
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 54
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 42
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 48
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)