Sep 19, 2012, 12:59 PM EDT
New York Islanders fans will have to wait for a glimpse inside their team’s potential future home.
According to Chris Botta of Sports Business Journal, the Oct.2 preseason game between the Isles and Devils at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn will be officially cancelled in the coming days.
The news is no surprise. It’s only a matter of time until the entire NHL exhibition schedule is cancelled due to the lockout.
The Barclays Center opens Sept. 28 with a Jay-Z concert.
Good tickets remain for the Harlem Globetrotters on Oct. 7.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 2
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 29
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)