Sep 19, 2012, 11:02 PM EST
Patrick Kane spent Wednesday skating with some of his old and current Chicago Blackhawks teammates. He’s trying to get ready for the start of the 2012-13 campaign, but many other players quickly found temporary homes with European clubs once the lockout began.
Kane is still weighing his options and hasn’t decided what he’ll do if this lockout eats into the season.
“When the time comes, I don’t know where I’ll be or who I’ll be with. But it’s something you have to look at,” Kane said. “You don’t want to e sitting around waiting if nothing’s going to happen. Summer’s been long enough. It’s nice to be out here skating but we all want to play hockey. Nothing’s in stone yet, so we’ll see.”
Kane finished the 2011-12 campaign with 66 points, which is his worst total since his 2007-08 rookie season. Additionally, the Chicago Blackhawks had a largely quiet summer after losing in the first round of the playoffs for the second straight campaign. So Kane and the Blackhawks as a whole will have something to prove when/if the 2012-13 season gets underway.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4