Sep 19, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
Patrick Kane spent Wednesday skating with some of his old and current Chicago Blackhawks teammates. He’s trying to get ready for the start of the 2012-13 campaign, but many other players quickly found temporary homes with European clubs once the lockout began.
Kane is still weighing his options and hasn’t decided what he’ll do if this lockout eats into the season.
“When the time comes, I don’t know where I’ll be or who I’ll be with. But it’s something you have to look at,” Kane said. “You don’t want to e sitting around waiting if nothing’s going to happen. Summer’s been long enough. It’s nice to be out here skating but we all want to play hockey. Nothing’s in stone yet, so we’ll see.”
Kane finished the 2011-12 campaign with 66 points, which is his worst total since his 2007-08 rookie season. Additionally, the Chicago Blackhawks had a largely quiet summer after losing in the first round of the playoffs for the second straight campaign. So Kane and the Blackhawks as a whole will have something to prove when/if the 2012-13 season gets underway.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)