Sep 19, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
Patrick Kane spent Wednesday skating with some of his old and current Chicago Blackhawks teammates. He’s trying to get ready for the start of the 2012-13 campaign, but many other players quickly found temporary homes with European clubs once the lockout began.
Kane is still weighing his options and hasn’t decided what he’ll do if this lockout eats into the season.
“When the time comes, I don’t know where I’ll be or who I’ll be with. But it’s something you have to look at,” Kane said. “You don’t want to e sitting around waiting if nothing’s going to happen. Summer’s been long enough. It’s nice to be out here skating but we all want to play hockey. Nothing’s in stone yet, so we’ll see.”
Kane finished the 2011-12 campaign with 66 points, which is his worst total since his 2007-08 rookie season. Additionally, the Chicago Blackhawks had a largely quiet summer after losing in the first round of the playoffs for the second straight campaign. So Kane and the Blackhawks as a whole will have something to prove when/if the 2012-13 season gets underway.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 3
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 5
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 29
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 24
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 61
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12