Sep 19, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
Patrick Kane spent Wednesday skating with some of his old and current Chicago Blackhawks teammates. He’s trying to get ready for the start of the 2012-13 campaign, but many other players quickly found temporary homes with European clubs once the lockout began.
Kane is still weighing his options and hasn’t decided what he’ll do if this lockout eats into the season.
“When the time comes, I don’t know where I’ll be or who I’ll be with. But it’s something you have to look at,” Kane said. “You don’t want to e sitting around waiting if nothing’s going to happen. Summer’s been long enough. It’s nice to be out here skating but we all want to play hockey. Nothing’s in stone yet, so we’ll see.”
Kane finished the 2011-12 campaign with 66 points, which is his worst total since his 2007-08 rookie season. Additionally, the Chicago Blackhawks had a largely quiet summer after losing in the first round of the playoffs for the second straight campaign. So Kane and the Blackhawks as a whole will have something to prove when/if the 2012-13 season gets underway.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)