Sep 19, 2012, 11:02 PM EST
Patrick Kane spent Wednesday skating with some of his old and current Chicago Blackhawks teammates. He’s trying to get ready for the start of the 2012-13 campaign, but many other players quickly found temporary homes with European clubs once the lockout began.
Kane is still weighing his options and hasn’t decided what he’ll do if this lockout eats into the season.
“When the time comes, I don’t know where I’ll be or who I’ll be with. But it’s something you have to look at,” Kane said. “You don’t want to e sitting around waiting if nothing’s going to happen. Summer’s been long enough. It’s nice to be out here skating but we all want to play hockey. Nothing’s in stone yet, so we’ll see.”
Kane finished the 2011-12 campaign with 66 points, which is his worst total since his 2007-08 rookie season. Additionally, the Chicago Blackhawks had a largely quiet summer after losing in the first round of the playoffs for the second straight campaign. So Kane and the Blackhawks as a whole will have something to prove when/if the 2012-13 season gets underway.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 155
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 123
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (155)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (128)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)