Sep 18, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
It appears that Hockey Canada doesn’t want to get involved in the lockout politics between the NHL and NHLPA.
Dreger also indicates that the European exodus of players such as Rick Nash and Joe Thornton also factors into the decision not to endorse such a game, while insurance issues might curb the appeal for guys on the sideline like Sidney Crosby.
There’s still a chance that the NHLPA might attempt to go forward with the idea without Hockey Canada’s involvement, according to Dreger.
Still, it sounds like the idea lost a lot of steam thanks to this setback.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17