Sep 18, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
There’s “literally zero chance” he’ll go in the next couple months, according to Dreger. The odds would reportedly increase substantially if the work stoppage extends to November/December, though.
One big issue Dreger points out is insurance coverage.
That was a significant question before he signed his whopping contract extension during the 2011-12 season and Dreger indicates that Crosby would need to accept less coverage if he decides to make the jump.
Then again, Crosby skated in just 22 regular season and six playoff contests last season, so getting more reps – and merely playing hockey – might be enough to inspire a brief KHL jaunt.
Either way, Dreger’s report indicates that you’ll need to wait if you were hoping for a KHL clash between Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 30
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (113)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)