Sep 18, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
There’s “literally zero chance” he’ll go in the next couple months, according to Dreger. The odds would reportedly increase substantially if the work stoppage extends to November/December, though.
One big issue Dreger points out is insurance coverage.
That was a significant question before he signed his whopping contract extension during the 2011-12 season and Dreger indicates that Crosby would need to accept less coverage if he decides to make the jump.
Then again, Crosby skated in just 22 regular season and six playoff contests last season, so getting more reps – and merely playing hockey – might be enough to inspire a brief KHL jaunt.
Either way, Dreger’s report indicates that you’ll need to wait if you were hoping for a KHL clash between Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)