Sep 18, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
There’s “literally zero chance” he’ll go in the next couple months, according to Dreger. The odds would reportedly increase substantially if the work stoppage extends to November/December, though.
One big issue Dreger points out is insurance coverage.
That was a significant question before he signed his whopping contract extension during the 2011-12 season and Dreger indicates that Crosby would need to accept less coverage if he decides to make the jump.
Then again, Crosby skated in just 22 regular season and six playoff contests last season, so getting more reps – and merely playing hockey – might be enough to inspire a brief KHL jaunt.
Either way, Dreger’s report indicates that you’ll need to wait if you were hoping for a KHL clash between Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 148
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)