Sep 18, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
There’s “literally zero chance” he’ll go in the next couple months, according to Dreger. The odds would reportedly increase substantially if the work stoppage extends to November/December, though.
One big issue Dreger points out is insurance coverage.
That was a significant question before he signed his whopping contract extension during the 2011-12 season and Dreger indicates that Crosby would need to accept less coverage if he decides to make the jump.
Then again, Crosby skated in just 22 regular season and six playoff contests last season, so getting more reps – and merely playing hockey – might be enough to inspire a brief KHL jaunt.
Either way, Dreger’s report indicates that you’ll need to wait if you were hoping for a KHL clash between Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 21
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 33
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 27
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6