Sep 18, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
There’s “literally zero chance” he’ll go in the next couple months, according to Dreger. The odds would reportedly increase substantially if the work stoppage extends to November/December, though.
One big issue Dreger points out is insurance coverage.
That was a significant question before he signed his whopping contract extension during the 2011-12 season and Dreger indicates that Crosby would need to accept less coverage if he decides to make the jump.
Then again, Crosby skated in just 22 regular season and six playoff contests last season, so getting more reps – and merely playing hockey – might be enough to inspire a brief KHL jaunt.
Either way, Dreger’s report indicates that you’ll need to wait if you were hoping for a KHL clash between Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)