Sep 18, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
With players locked out of team training facilities, finding ice time to work out is proving tricky. In Minnesota, they’ve got almost too many players that want in on the action.
Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune reports there are so many players working out together at St. Louis Park Center in Minnesota, they’re about to do their own version of beer league hockey.
[Today], refs will be hired so there are more structured scrimmages. Brodziak did say there are almost too many guys, it’s hard to get reps and that the Wild guys may eventually go on their own and rent their own ice.
In their video to the fans the players talked about growing up playing hockey on ponds. Teaming up together to pay for ice time at a local rink has some of that throwback flavor, too.
Now the real question: Who picks up the beer?
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)