Sep 18, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Leafs prospect Joe Colborne had a rough second half of his AHL season. Maybe it was because of the two torn ligaments and broken bone in his wrist he didn’t know he had that hampered him. (Kyle Cicerella)
Kings PR man Jeremy Zager had a pretty special day with the Stanley Cup. (Mayor’s Manor)
Here’s a terrible idea: Owners using replacement players during lockout to try and bring an end to the dispute. That’s working really well for the NFL and referees. (Toronto Sun)
Here’s a site to keep up with all the NHL players signing in Europe. (Elite Prospects)
College hockey news: It’s the final season for the CCHA, and they’re moving their conference title game to Sunday and it’s all the Detroit Red Wings’ fault. (College Hockey News)
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 2
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 41
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 89
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 37
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL