Sep 18, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
Unlike a handful of other teams, the Boston Bruins have no immediate plans to lay off employees as a result of the NHL lockout.
“As it stands for now we will keep the status the same for our employees/staff,” Bruins president Cam Neely told CSNNE.com.
So good news for B’s staffers.
But could it also be good news for hockey fans in general?
As unabashed purveyors of rampant speculation and unsubstantiated theories, we wonder if this may hint at a sooner-rather-than-later end to the work stoppage. After all, everyone knows Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs is one of the league’s more influential owners. A puppet-master even. So if Jacobs doesn’t think layoffs are necessary at this point, maybe it’s because they aren’t ever going to be necessary.
We’re through the looking glass here, people.
(That, or we’re just bored.)
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 1
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 6
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 54
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination