Sep 18, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs dealt with former goalie coach Francois Allaire’s messy departure quickly, hiring Rick St. Croix according to Darren Dreger.
St. Croix played in net for the Philadelphia Flyers and Maple Leafs before he began his coaching career.
He served as an assistant for the Winnipeg Jets in the late 1980’s and was the Dallas Stars’ goalie coach when they won their Stanley Cup.
St. Croix most recently served as the goalie coach for the Manitoba Moose. Gary Lawless points out that he worked with Cory Schneider, Eddie Lack and Eddie Pasquale at the AHL level, achieving significant success.
(He also has a delightful Web site for his goalie school.)
His next task is to bring the Maple Leafs’ goalie training up to date.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)