Sep 18, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs dealt with former goalie coach Francois Allaire’s messy departure quickly, hiring Rick St. Croix according to Darren Dreger.
St. Croix played in net for the Philadelphia Flyers and Maple Leafs before he began his coaching career.
He served as an assistant for the Winnipeg Jets in the late 1980′s and was the Dallas Stars’ goalie coach when they won their Stanley Cup.
St. Croix most recently served as the goalie coach for the Manitoba Moose. Gary Lawless points out that he worked with Cory Schneider, Eddie Lack and Eddie Pasquale at the AHL level, achieving significant success.
(He also has a delightful Web site for his goalie school.)
His next task is to bring the Maple Leafs’ goalie training up to date.
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 3
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 7
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 54
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination