Sep 18, 2012, 6:00 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs dealt with former goalie coach Francois Allaire’s messy departure quickly, hiring Rick St. Croix according to Darren Dreger.
St. Croix played in net for the Philadelphia Flyers and Maple Leafs before he began his coaching career.
He served as an assistant for the Winnipeg Jets in the late 1980’s and was the Dallas Stars’ goalie coach when they won their Stanley Cup.
St. Croix most recently served as the goalie coach for the Manitoba Moose. Gary Lawless points out that he worked with Cory Schneider, Eddie Lack and Eddie Pasquale at the AHL level, achieving significant success.
(He also has a delightful Web site for his goalie school.)
His next task is to bring the Maple Leafs’ goalie training up to date.
- Trade: Rangers land Keith Yandle 3
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 19
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (129)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)