Sep 18, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs dealt with former goalie coach Francois Allaire’s messy departure quickly, hiring Rick St. Croix according to Darren Dreger.
St. Croix played in net for the Philadelphia Flyers and Maple Leafs before he began his coaching career.
He served as an assistant for the Winnipeg Jets in the late 1980’s and was the Dallas Stars’ goalie coach when they won their Stanley Cup.
St. Croix most recently served as the goalie coach for the Manitoba Moose. Gary Lawless points out that he worked with Cory Schneider, Eddie Lack and Eddie Pasquale at the AHL level, achieving significant success.
(He also has a delightful Web site for his goalie school.)
His next task is to bring the Maple Leafs’ goalie training up to date.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 4
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 11
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4