Sep 18, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs dealt with former goalie coach Francois Allaire’s messy departure quickly, hiring Rick St. Croix according to Darren Dreger.
St. Croix played in net for the Philadelphia Flyers and Maple Leafs before he began his coaching career.
He served as an assistant for the Winnipeg Jets in the late 1980’s and was the Dallas Stars’ goalie coach when they won their Stanley Cup.
St. Croix most recently served as the goalie coach for the Manitoba Moose. Gary Lawless points out that he worked with Cory Schneider, Eddie Lack and Eddie Pasquale at the AHL level, achieving significant success.
(He also has a delightful Web site for his goalie school.)
His next task is to bring the Maple Leafs’ goalie training up to date.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)