Sep 18, 2012, 7:18 PM EST
He could start playing for the team by next week, according to Elliott.
The team amusingly asked for donations to help cover Kopitar’s insurance costs, although if it appears that might not be an issue if the dedicated site is any indication.
Sweden’s top league is still mulling over the decision to accept NHL players during the lockout, which opens up the chance for the lower league (HockeyAllsvenskan) to steal a few big names.
(Both forwards chose familiarity/family when making their overseas hockey-playing choices, as Berglund made it to the NHL after working up through that club’s system.)
So, how many points per game do you expect Kopitar to collect in that 14-team league?
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53