Sep 17, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
You have to wonder if Lubomir Visnovsky feels conflicted during the lockout.
He had tried to get his trade from Anaheim to the New York Islanders overturned, but had that rejected. Now with the NHL locking out its players, Mattias Strozyk reportsVisnovsky is taking his talents back home to Slovakia during the work stoppage.
The offensive defenseman signed a lockout deal with HC Slovan Bratislava of the KHL for the duration of the lockout, however long that is. Visnovsky’s first game with the team will be on Saturday against Avangard Omsk.
Here’s to hoping Visnovsky can stay away from racing cars while he’s abroad and that he’ll actually want to come back and play for the Isles once the lockout is settled.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 3
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 5
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 29
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 24
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 61
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12