Sep 17, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
The mass exodus of NHLers continues.
The first was Pavelec, who inked with HC Ocelari Trinec of the Czech Extraliga.
Trinec, the 2011 Extraliga champion, currently employs a couple of ex-NHLers, including Radek Bonk — the No. 3 overall pick at the 1994 draft — and Vaclav Varada.
It’s not surprising Pavelec returned to play in his native land, though it will be curious to see how the Jets monitor the situation, given he was charged with a DUI in the Czech Republic during the summer. Just months prior to the DUI charge, Pavelec signed a five-year, $19.5 million deal with Winnipeg.
As for the other Jet heading abroad, Ponikarovsky has inked a deal with Donbass Donetsk of the KHL.
The KHL’s lone representative from Ukraine, Donbass already snapped up another current NHLer (Flyers forward and Ukraine native Ruslan Fedotenko) to go along with its slew of ex-NHLers (Oskars Bartulis, Evgeni Dadonov, Erik Ersberg, Lukas Kaspar, Vaclav Nederost and Karel Pilar.)
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 1
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 9
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)