Sep 17, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Since the start of the lockout early Sunday morning, neither the NHL nor the NHLPA have had any talks. It appears things may change soon.
During a radio appearance on AM 590 in Toronto, NHL Deputy Commissioner says he plans on talking with NHLPA negotiator Steve Fehr early Tuesday evening.
“We’re supposed to talk tomorrow early evening to discuss [when to meet up again],” Daly said. “I’d hope we get together this week.”
“It’s really to talk through,” Daly said. “Steve Fehr and I had lunch on Saturday, talked about a lot of the issues we’re dealing with in negotiations and really kind of generate ideas on how to move this forward.”
Yes, it’s a phone call to set up a meeting that may or may not happen but at least they’re not shutting their phones off to avoid each other. Progress?
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)