Sep 17, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Since the start of the lockout early Sunday morning, neither the NHL nor the NHLPA have had any talks. It appears things may change soon.
During a radio appearance on AM 590 in Toronto, NHL Deputy Commissioner says he plans on talking with NHLPA negotiator Steve Fehr early Tuesday evening.
“We’re supposed to talk tomorrow early evening to discuss [when to meet up again],” Daly said. “I’d hope we get together this week.”
“It’s really to talk through,” Daly said. “Steve Fehr and I had lunch on Saturday, talked about a lot of the issues we’re dealing with in negotiations and really kind of generate ideas on how to move this forward.”
Yes, it’s a phone call to set up a meeting that may or may not happen but at least they’re not shutting their phones off to avoid each other. Progress?
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 39
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7