Sep 17, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Since the start of the lockout early Sunday morning, neither the NHL nor the NHLPA have had any talks. It appears things may change soon.
During a radio appearance on AM 590 in Toronto, NHL Deputy Commissioner says he plans on talking with NHLPA negotiator Steve Fehr early Tuesday evening.
“We’re supposed to talk tomorrow early evening to discuss [when to meet up again],” Daly said. “I’d hope we get together this week.”
“It’s really to talk through,” Daly said. “Steve Fehr and I had lunch on Saturday, talked about a lot of the issues we’re dealing with in negotiations and really kind of generate ideas on how to move this forward.”
Yes, it’s a phone call to set up a meeting that may or may not happen but at least they’re not shutting their phones off to avoid each other. Progress?
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)