Sep 17, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Since the start of the lockout early Sunday morning, neither the NHL nor the NHLPA have had any talks. It appears things may change soon.
During a radio appearance on AM 590 in Toronto, NHL Deputy Commissioner says he plans on talking with NHLPA negotiator Steve Fehr early Tuesday evening.
“We’re supposed to talk tomorrow early evening to discuss [when to meet up again],” Daly said. “I’d hope we get together this week.”
“It’s really to talk through,” Daly said. “Steve Fehr and I had lunch on Saturday, talked about a lot of the issues we’re dealing with in negotiations and really kind of generate ideas on how to move this forward.”
Yes, it’s a phone call to set up a meeting that may or may not happen but at least they’re not shutting their phones off to avoid each other. Progress?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 5
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 13
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 10
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5