Sep 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Well, it’s official; NHL owners locked out their players.
Some showed that things could always be worse:
@seangentille Once you've had your team taken away being locked out is a piece of cake.—
Ben Wright (@BenWrightATL) September 16, 2012
An NHL agent slammed the Florida Panthers’ president for Tweeting about … frozen yogurt.
Lockout in 3 hrs+you're tweeting about yogurt? RT@PanthersYormark: Ending week w/ my favorite treat, low fat frozen yogurt. Boy is it good.—
Allan Walsh (@walsha) September 16, 2012
MSG broadcaster speaks out:
So you shut your league down 7 years ago and claim victory and now you have to blow it up again. Am I missing something here? #NHL—
Dave Maloney (@DaveMaloneyMSG) September 15, 2012
Defenseman John-Michael Liles was angry:
Just wanted to send out big congrats to gray bettman on his 3rd consecutive work stoppage. Impressive stats for someone w no athletic skill—
John-Michael Liles (@hoosierjm26) September 16, 2012
While his teammate Joffrey Lupul was whimsical:
I guess the lockout has officially started.. @ScottieUpshall just reminded me I owe him 15 dollars.—
Joffrey Lupul (@JLupul) September 16, 2012
Finally, here are Tweets that speak for themselves:
Just chatted with an NHL player: "If we take the rollbacks the league is offering, Gary Bettman will make more money than Sidney Crosby."—
Aaron Portzline (@Aportzline) September 15, 2012
Does Mario lock Sid out of the house at midnight?—
Nick Cotsonika (@cotsonika) September 16, 2012
Three lockouts in 18 years, the NHL just can't stay out of its own way sometime #ProsperityWhatProsperity—
Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssontrib) September 16, 2012
Lou Lamoriello has a great motto: "If you have time, use it." There's still time. Let's hope it's used wisely. But, I'm not optimistic.—
Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) September 16, 2012
I really don't think a season will be lost. It's only September 16. Long way to go. #positivethinking—
Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) September 16, 2012
NHL owners hated CBA so much that they crammed $199 million in new contracts into the final two days of it. "Sorry, Gary, couldn't help it."—
John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) September 16, 2012
An informal Twitter survey reveals fans are dealing with NHL lockout by drinking more. So it's a boon for the liquor industry.—
Chris Kuc (@ChrisKuc) September 16, 2012
I wonder if @PanthersYormark is still eating yogurt.—
Adam Gretz (@AGretz) September 16, 2012
May 21, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Ray Emery sits…for now.
May 21, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
The 29-year-old was on the ice for all five Boston goals in Game 2.
May 21, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
He’s got the Red Wings two wins shy of a huge upset.
May 21, 2013, 11:21 AM EDT
“We’ve got a good home record, but we can’t rest and be comfortable with just being a great home team.”
May 21, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
He underwent surgery two weeks ago.
May 21, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
A look at that and the San Jose Sharks’ series against the Los Angeles Kings.
May 21, 2013, 9:49 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche’s chief scout doesn’t think there’s a clear favorite.
May 21, 2013, 8:46 AM EDT
But before that the Bruins will try to take a 3-0 series lead on the Rangers.
May 21, 2013, 7:38 AM EDT
“They’re discussing the final details of an arrangement.”
May 21, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
May 20, 2013, 11:45 PM EDT
Is that an intentional Sharks pun?
May 20, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
He thinks it could be a valuable wake-up call.
May 20, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
At least between Dan Cleary and Bryan Bickell.
May 20, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Joel Quenneville said they “hit the wall” after that.
May 20, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
Tough night for the zebras.
May 20, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
Finally some adversity for the Blackhawks.
May 20, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Peter Horachek had been with the team since 2003.
May 20, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
Two goals in 31 seconds, including his beauty.
May 20, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
That Craig Adams hit didn’t feel very good, though.
May 20, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
Did anyone go over the line?
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 6
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 13
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 36
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 78
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (79)
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control