Sep 16, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
With the lockout underway now, it’s time for everyone on both sides to step up their public relations game. While the league and many teams are posting letters to the fans, the NHLPA took things a step further with a video for the fans.
In it you’ll hear from Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, James Reimer, Gabriel Landeskog and others about what their position is, how they’re trying to help struggling teams, and how they’d be happy to play without an agreement if not for that whole “owners aren’t willing to do that” thing.
Meanwhile, neither side is rushing to the boardroom to actually negotiate.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 1
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 21
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)