Sep 16, 2012, 1:31 PM EST
With the lockout underway now, it’s time for everyone on both sides to step up their public relations game. While the league and many teams are posting letters to the fans, the NHLPA took things a step further with a video for the fans.
In it you’ll hear from Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, James Reimer, Gabriel Landeskog and others about what their position is, how they’re trying to help struggling teams, and how they’d be happy to play without an agreement if not for that whole “owners aren’t willing to do that” thing.
Meanwhile, neither side is rushing to the boardroom to actually negotiate.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5