Sep 16, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
With the lockout underway now, it’s time for everyone on both sides to step up their public relations game. While the league and many teams are posting letters to the fans, the NHLPA took things a step further with a video for the fans.
In it you’ll hear from Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, James Reimer, Gabriel Landeskog and others about what their position is, how they’re trying to help struggling teams, and how they’d be happy to play without an agreement if not for that whole “owners aren’t willing to do that” thing.
Meanwhile, neither side is rushing to the boardroom to actually negotiate.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 30
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 11
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 114
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 92
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (114)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (92)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)