Sep 16, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
With the lockout underway now, it’s time for everyone on both sides to step up their public relations game. While the league and many teams are posting letters to the fans, the NHLPA took things a step further with a video for the fans.
In it you’ll hear from Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, James Reimer, Gabriel Landeskog and others about what their position is, how they’re trying to help struggling teams, and how they’d be happy to play without an agreement if not for that whole “owners aren’t willing to do that” thing.
Meanwhile, neither side is rushing to the boardroom to actually negotiate.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)