Sep 16, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
If you didn’t know it already, Jaromir Jagr owns a team in the Czech Extraliga, HC Kladno. Take one guess where he’ll be playing during the lockout.
Yahoo!’s Dmitry Chesnokov reports Jagr will be headed to the Czech Republic to play for his team and joining him there will be Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec. Both players will play there for however long the lockout lasts.
Jagr’s connection with Kladno goes back a long way as he played for them before coming to the NHL and during both lockouts in 1994-95 and 2004-05. Plekanec similarly played for Kladno before coming to the NHL, but he spent the 04-05 work stoppage in the AHL.
The connection between the two players is what’s always led to speculation that Jagr would play for Montreal during the last two offseasons. The two have worked great together in the past at the World Championships and Olympics.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 22
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)