Sep 16, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
If you didn’t know it already, Jaromir Jagr owns a team in the Czech Extraliga, HC Kladno. Take one guess where he’ll be playing during the lockout.
Yahoo!’s Dmitry Chesnokov reports Jagr will be headed to the Czech Republic to play for his team and joining him there will be Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec. Both players will play there for however long the lockout lasts.
Jagr’s connection with Kladno goes back a long way as he played for them before coming to the NHL and during both lockouts in 1994-95 and 2004-05. Plekanec similarly played for Kladno before coming to the NHL, but he spent the 04-05 work stoppage in the AHL.
The connection between the two players is what’s always led to speculation that Jagr would play for Montreal during the last two offseasons. The two have worked great together in the past at the World Championships and Olympics.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)