Sep 16, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
If you didn’t know it already, Jaromir Jagr owns a team in the Czech Extraliga, HC Kladno. Take one guess where he’ll be playing during the lockout.
Yahoo!’s Dmitry Chesnokov reports Jagr will be headed to the Czech Republic to play for his team and joining him there will be Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec. Both players will play there for however long the lockout lasts.
Jagr’s connection with Kladno goes back a long way as he played for them before coming to the NHL and during both lockouts in 1994-95 and 2004-05. Plekanec similarly played for Kladno before coming to the NHL, but he spent the 04-05 work stoppage in the AHL.
The connection between the two players is what’s always led to speculation that Jagr would play for Montreal during the last two offseasons. The two have worked great together in the past at the World Championships and Olympics.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)