Sep 16, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
If you didn’t know it already, Jaromir Jagr owns a team in the Czech Extraliga, HC Kladno. Take one guess where he’ll be playing during the lockout.
Yahoo!’s Dmitry Chesnokov reports Jagr will be headed to the Czech Republic to play for his team and joining him there will be Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec. Both players will play there for however long the lockout lasts.
Jagr’s connection with Kladno goes back a long way as he played for them before coming to the NHL and during both lockouts in 1994-95 and 2004-05. Plekanec similarly played for Kladno before coming to the NHL, but he spent the 04-05 work stoppage in the AHL.
The connection between the two players is what’s always led to speculation that Jagr would play for Montreal during the last two offseasons. The two have worked great together in the past at the World Championships and Olympics.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)