Sep 16, 2012, 12:54 PM EDT
Chuck Pleiness reports Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk has landed a spot with Ak-Bars Kazan. Datsyuk last played for them back in 2000-01, his final season in Russia before coming to the NHL. He played for Dynamo Moscow during the 2004-05 lockout.
Ruslan Fedotenko‘s agent, Allan Walsh, announced his client would be playing for Donbass Donetsk in the KHL. Donetsk is located in Ukraine, his home country, so it makes plenty of sense he’d play for the home team there. Chesnokov adds that Jets forward Alexei Ponikarovsky will also sign with Donbass.
Meanwhile, Leafs forward Nikolai Kulemin will be teaming up with Malkin and Gonchar in Magnitogorsk according to Chesnokov. Expect more of these signings to happen in the coming days as the KHL season is already underway.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 63
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 20
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 48
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink (64)