Sep 16, 2012, 12:54 PM EST
Chuck Pleiness reports Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk has landed a spot with Ak-Bars Kazan. Datsyuk last played for them back in 2000-01, his final season in Russia before coming to the NHL. He played for Dynamo Moscow during the 2004-05 lockout.
Ruslan Fedotenko‘s agent, Allan Walsh, announced his client would be playing for Donbass Donetsk in the KHL. Donetsk is located in Ukraine, his home country, so it makes plenty of sense he’d play for the home team there. Chesnokov adds that Jets forward Alexei Ponikarovsky will also sign with Donbass.
Meanwhile, Leafs forward Nikolai Kulemin will be teaming up with Malkin and Gonchar in Magnitogorsk according to Chesnokov. Expect more of these signings to happen in the coming days as the KHL season is already underway.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 21
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)