Sep 15, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
With fans on the verge of dealing with the third NHL lockout since 1994, some are just about fed up. Case in point, the group of fans outside the NHL Store in Manhattan located near the league’s headquarters.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio snapped a couple pictures of Rangers and Devils fans living harmoniously together on the streets of New York united against the league shutting its doors once again. One fan in particular isn’t too pleased with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman’s record when it comes to labor unrest.
While the protest was small in number of those participating, it shows that some fans are tired of going through this routine every few years. This likely won’t be the last time we hear of something like this going down.
If anything it reaffirms what Bettman said weeks ago about the game being able to bounce back after the 2004-05 lockout because, “we have the greatest fans in the world.” When fans stop voicing their displeasure, that’s when the league has to start worrying.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 15
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 13
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 18
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 48
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 13
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)