Sep 15, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
With fans on the verge of dealing with the third NHL lockout since 1994, some are just about fed up. Case in point, the group of fans outside the NHL Store in Manhattan located near the league’s headquarters.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio snapped a couple pictures of Rangers and Devils fans living harmoniously together on the streets of New York united against the league shutting its doors once again. One fan in particular isn’t too pleased with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman’s record when it comes to labor unrest.
While the protest was small in number of those participating, it shows that some fans are tired of going through this routine every few years. This likely won’t be the last time we hear of something like this going down.
If anything it reaffirms what Bettman said weeks ago about the game being able to bounce back after the 2004-05 lockout because, “we have the greatest fans in the world.” When fans stop voicing their displeasure, that’s when the league has to start worrying.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)