Sep 15, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
With the lockout set to begin at midnight tonight, the only talks set to occur today will be informal ones.
Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com reports Steve Fehr and Bill Daly will meet to discuss whether they’ve got any common ground to start serious negotiating again. The one thing both sides could agree on was that they had no idea if that would actually happen.
Panotch further reports that if/when the lockout goes down tonight, neither side will make a formal announcement about it happening, it will just begin and that’ll be that. Without serious discussions going on today, a work stoppage will be impossible to avoid, then it’s just a question of how long it will last.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 19
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)