Sep 15, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
With the lockout set to begin at midnight tonight, the only talks set to occur today will be informal ones.
Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com reports Steve Fehr and Bill Daly will meet to discuss whether they’ve got any common ground to start serious negotiating again. The one thing both sides could agree on was that they had no idea if that would actually happen.
Panotch further reports that if/when the lockout goes down tonight, neither side will make a formal announcement about it happening, it will just begin and that’ll be that. Without serious discussions going on today, a work stoppage will be impossible to avoid, then it’s just a question of how long it will last.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)