Sep 15, 2012, 12:41 PM EST
With the lockout set to begin at midnight tonight, the only talks set to occur today will be informal ones.
Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com reports Steve Fehr and Bill Daly will meet to discuss whether they’ve got any common ground to start serious negotiating again. The one thing both sides could agree on was that they had no idea if that would actually happen.
Panotch further reports that if/when the lockout goes down tonight, neither side will make a formal announcement about it happening, it will just begin and that’ll be that. Without serious discussions going on today, a work stoppage will be impossible to avoid, then it’s just a question of how long it will last.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 12
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 15
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 35
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)