Sep 15, 2012, 12:41 PM EST
With the lockout set to begin at midnight tonight, the only talks set to occur today will be informal ones.
Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com reports Steve Fehr and Bill Daly will meet to discuss whether they’ve got any common ground to start serious negotiating again. The one thing both sides could agree on was that they had no idea if that would actually happen.
Panotch further reports that if/when the lockout goes down tonight, neither side will make a formal announcement about it happening, it will just begin and that’ll be that. Without serious discussions going on today, a work stoppage will be impossible to avoid, then it’s just a question of how long it will last.
- BREAKING: Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM 9
- Mike Richards clears waivers 22
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)