Sep 15, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
With the lockout set to begin at midnight tonight, the only talks set to occur today will be informal ones.
Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com reports Steve Fehr and Bill Daly will meet to discuss whether they’ve got any common ground to start serious negotiating again. The one thing both sides could agree on was that they had no idea if that would actually happen.
Panotch further reports that if/when the lockout goes down tonight, neither side will make a formal announcement about it happening, it will just begin and that’ll be that. Without serious discussions going on today, a work stoppage will be impossible to avoid, then it’s just a question of how long it will last.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6