Sep 15, 2012, 1:15 PM EST
The Sabres finally got a deal done with Tyler Ennis.
Ennis broke out two seasons ago scoring 20 goals with 49 points. Last season in just 48 games, he piled up 15 goals and 34 points. Project that out over a full season and he’d be right there with Jason Pominville and Thomas Vanek as a top scorer on the team.
At 5’9″ Ennis doesn’t bring size but he brings plenty of skill, something the Sabres could always use more of. Once the season is set to start, Ennis could wind up centering either Vanek or Pominville.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 10
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 27
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)