Sep 15, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
The Sabres finally got a deal done with Tyler Ennis.
Ennis broke out two seasons ago scoring 20 goals with 49 points. Last season in just 48 games, he piled up 15 goals and 34 points. Project that out over a full season and he’d be right there with Jason Pominville and Thomas Vanek as a top scorer on the team.
At 5’9″ Ennis doesn’t bring size but he brings plenty of skill, something the Sabres could always use more of. Once the season is set to start, Ennis could wind up centering either Vanek or Pominville.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)