Sep 15, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
The Sabres finally got a deal done with Tyler Ennis.
Ennis broke out two seasons ago scoring 20 goals with 49 points. Last season in just 48 games, he piled up 15 goals and 34 points. Project that out over a full season and he’d be right there with Jason Pominville and Thomas Vanek as a top scorer on the team.
At 5’9″ Ennis doesn’t bring size but he brings plenty of skill, something the Sabres could always use more of. Once the season is set to start, Ennis could wind up centering either Vanek or Pominville.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)