Sep 15, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
The Sabres finally got a deal done with Tyler Ennis.
Ennis broke out two seasons ago scoring 20 goals with 49 points. Last season in just 48 games, he piled up 15 goals and 34 points. Project that out over a full season and he’d be right there with Jason Pominville and Thomas Vanek as a top scorer on the team.
At 5’9″ Ennis doesn’t bring size but he brings plenty of skill, something the Sabres could always use more of. Once the season is set to start, Ennis could wind up centering either Vanek or Pominville.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 11
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 13
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 24
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)