Sep 15, 2012, 11:45 PM EST
The two sides embraced their inner procrastinating student in the process, waiting until the current CBA deadline’s final moments to strike a deal.
Winnipeg reporter Gary Lawless believes that “both sides won” with this pact.
The Jets lock up a 21-year-old forward who is one of the faces of the franchise alongside Dustin Byfuglien and Andrew Ladd. Kane completed his first 30-goal campaign last season, so Winnipeg likely believes his best days are ahead of him.
Kane collects a robust contract that should cover him until he’s eligible for unrestricted free agency.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 0
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 10
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56