Sep 15, 2012, 10:12 PM EST
If you want to witness a collection of some of the NHL’s best young talent, book a trip to Oklahoma City.
The Edmonton Oilers assigned 26 players to the AHL’s Oklahoma City Barons, including high-end players Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle and Justin Schultz. Here’s the full list:
Sportsnet reports that he needs permission from the Oilers to do so.
If that works out, he’ll play for the KHL’s Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk, according to Slava Malamud.
Don’t want to go to Oklahoma City for a lockout diversion? Kill some time trying to figure out how to pronounce that team name instead, then.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 32
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)