Sep 15, 2012, 2:58 PM EDT
If you’re waiting for your favorite restricted free agent to sign a new deal ahead of the lockout, you might be left disappointed.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports it’s highly unlikely any of Montreal’s P.K. Subban, New York’s Michael Del Zotto, Winnipeg’s Evander Kane, or Colorado’s Ryan O’Reilly will sign new contracts before the CBA expires at 11:59 p.m. ET tonight. McKenzie says there’s “no chance” Subban or Del Zotto will get something done and Kane is equally unlikely.
Adrian Dater of The Denver Post reports the Avalanche will wait until a new CBA is completed before locking up O’Reilly. His negotiations with the Avs have been particularly gruff as some believed his unwillingness to sign right away cost him a shot at being the team captain. Instead, 19 year-old Gabriel Landeskog was given the “C.”
Considering it’s taken this long for these RFA’s to get signed it’s no surprise that teams are waiting for a new CBA to be finished before committing. It’s not as if the players will be able to sign offer sheets during a lockout.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)