Sep 15, 2012, 2:58 PM EDT
If you’re waiting for your favorite restricted free agent to sign a new deal ahead of the lockout, you might be left disappointed.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports it’s highly unlikely any of Montreal’s P.K. Subban, New York’s Michael Del Zotto, Winnipeg’s Evander Kane, or Colorado’s Ryan O’Reilly will sign new contracts before the CBA expires at 11:59 p.m. ET tonight. McKenzie says there’s “no chance” Subban or Del Zotto will get something done and Kane is equally unlikely.
Adrian Dater of The Denver Post reports the Avalanche will wait until a new CBA is completed before locking up O’Reilly. His negotiations with the Avs have been particularly gruff as some believed his unwillingness to sign right away cost him a shot at being the team captain. Instead, 19 year-old Gabriel Landeskog was given the “C.”
Considering it’s taken this long for these RFA’s to get signed it’s no surprise that teams are waiting for a new CBA to be finished before committing. It’s not as if the players will be able to sign offer sheets during a lockout.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 59
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)