Sep 15, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Many pundits believe that Oliver Ekman-Larsson is primed for a breakout season, but he’ll need to bide his time in the AHL first.
The young defenseman was one of 29 Phoenix Coyotes assigned to the AHL’s Portland Pirates. The team listed the following players in that group:
Forwards: Scott Arnold, Alexandre Bolduc, Chris Brown, Chris Conner, Brett Hextall, Rob Klinkhammer, Phil Lane, Jordan Martinook, Andy Miele, Joel Rechlicz, Brendan Shinnimin, Jordan Szwarz and Ethan Werek.
Goalies: Louis Domingue, Chad Johnson, Mike Lee and Mark Visentin.
(Admit it, you’re tempted to buy a Pirates Klinkhammer jersey.)
Sarah McLellan reports that Coyotes GM Don Maloney was reluctant to send Ekman-Larsson to the AHL, but “OEL” said he wanted to go.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39