Sep 15, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
As teams prep for the oncoming lockout, the Devils sent 24 players down to their AHL affiliate in Albany and there’s a couple standout names among them.
Henrique was the clutch player for New Jersey on their run to the Stanley Cup finals last year scoring big overtime goals against both the Panthers and Rangers. Larsson, meanwhile, showed glimpses of stardom in his first season with the Devils but could benefit from tons of ice time in Albany.
Other players joining them in Albany are forwards Jacob Josefson, Mattias Tedenby, and recently signed scorer Bobby Butler. With these guys starting the year in Albany, perhaps the Devils can move out of the league basement in attendance.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)