Sep 15, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
As teams prep for the oncoming lockout, the Devils sent 24 players down to their AHL affiliate in Albany and there’s a couple standout names among them.
Henrique was the clutch player for New Jersey on their run to the Stanley Cup finals last year scoring big overtime goals against both the Panthers and Rangers. Larsson, meanwhile, showed glimpses of stardom in his first season with the Devils but could benefit from tons of ice time in Albany.
Other players joining them in Albany are forwards Jacob Josefson, Mattias Tedenby, and recently signed scorer Bobby Butler. With these guys starting the year in Albany, perhaps the Devils can move out of the league basement in attendance.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32