Sep 15, 2012, 2:25 PM EST
As teams prep for the oncoming lockout, the Devils sent 24 players down to their AHL affiliate in Albany and there’s a couple standout names among them.
Henrique was the clutch player for New Jersey on their run to the Stanley Cup finals last year scoring big overtime goals against both the Panthers and Rangers. Larsson, meanwhile, showed glimpses of stardom in his first season with the Devils but could benefit from tons of ice time in Albany.
Other players joining them in Albany are forwards Jacob Josefson, Mattias Tedenby, and recently signed scorer Bobby Butler. With these guys starting the year in Albany, perhaps the Devils can move out of the league basement in attendance.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11