Sep 15, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
As teams prep for the oncoming lockout, the Devils sent 24 players down to their AHL affiliate in Albany and there’s a couple standout names among them.
Henrique was the clutch player for New Jersey on their run to the Stanley Cup finals last year scoring big overtime goals against both the Panthers and Rangers. Larsson, meanwhile, showed glimpses of stardom in his first season with the Devils but could benefit from tons of ice time in Albany.
Other players joining them in Albany are forwards Jacob Josefson, Mattias Tedenby, and recently signed scorer Bobby Butler. With these guys starting the year in Albany, perhaps the Devils can move out of the league basement in attendance.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)