Sep 15, 2012, 8:52 PM EDT
“Maybe they have an extremely team-like mentality because they’re all for the league’s bottom number and not so much for their own businesses,” Backes said. “I don’t know if that makes a lot of logical sense.”
The NHLPA’s proposals emphasize increased revenue sharing, which had potential to drive a wedge between “big” and “small” market owners according to some.
Much has been made about how unified the players are this time around, yet it seems as if the owners are on the same page as well.
If you ask Backes, some are even willing to “take one for the team.”
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47