Sep 15, 2012, 10:59 AM EST
The Bruins continued being the busiest team ahead of the lockout by handing out one more pricey contract extension.
This time around it’s Milan Lucic getting served, signing a three-year extension that Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports is worth $18 million. To say Lucic isn’t worth that kind of scratch might be incorrect as the team seems to rally around his physical play and tough goal scoring ability.
After scoring 30 goals two seasons ago, Lucic followed that with 26 more last year. He also added a notch in his belt when he single-handedly sent the Sabres reeling when he collided with goalie Ryan Miller.
In the past eight days, the Bruins have locked up Lucic, Brad Marchand, and Tyler Seguin to new extensions totaling up to over $70 million. In case you didn’t know, B’s owner Jeremy Jacobs is one of the owners taking the lead in trying to get a new, more cost-effective CBA for the owners.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)