Sep 15, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
The Bruins continued being the busiest team ahead of the lockout by handing out one more pricey contract extension.
This time around it’s Milan Lucic getting served, signing a three-year extension that Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports is worth $18 million. To say Lucic isn’t worth that kind of scratch might be incorrect as the team seems to rally around his physical play and tough goal scoring ability.
After scoring 30 goals two seasons ago, Lucic followed that with 26 more last year. He also added a notch in his belt when he single-handedly sent the Sabres reeling when he collided with goalie Ryan Miller.
In the past eight days, the Bruins have locked up Lucic, Brad Marchand, and Tyler Seguin to new extensions totaling up to over $70 million. In case you didn’t know, B’s owner Jeremy Jacobs is one of the owners taking the lead in trying to get a new, more cost-effective CBA for the owners.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)