Sep 15, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
The Bruins continued being the busiest team ahead of the lockout by handing out one more pricey contract extension.
This time around it’s Milan Lucic getting served, signing a three-year extension that Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com reports is worth $18 million. To say Lucic isn’t worth that kind of scratch might be incorrect as the team seems to rally around his physical play and tough goal scoring ability.
After scoring 30 goals two seasons ago, Lucic followed that with 26 more last year. He also added a notch in his belt when he single-handedly sent the Sabres reeling when he collided with goalie Ryan Miller.
In the past eight days, the Bruins have locked up Lucic, Brad Marchand, and Tyler Seguin to new extensions totaling up to over $70 million. In case you didn’t know, B’s owner Jeremy Jacobs is one of the owners taking the lead in trying to get a new, more cost-effective CBA for the owners.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 9
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 51
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (54)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)