Sep 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Alex Tanguay has already lost an entire season to a lockout. He doesn’t want to lose another.
“The lifespan of a hockey player is usually not that long and you want to make sure that you have as much time as possible to enjoy your sport,” Tanguay said in a TSN report.
Tanguay is still crossing his fingers in hope that an agreement will be reached. However, the two sides still appear to be far apart and the current CBA is set to expire on Saturday.
All that being said, Tanguay is supportive of the players’ position when it comes to the ongoing negotiations.
“If you look at it, I don’t think the players are being greedy in any way,” Tanguay said. “Yes, we do make a lot of money. It’s the money we generate as well. You have to look at a little bit of everything.
“I feel very confident in the union and the job they’ve been doing. Hopefully we can reach a deal that’s fair for everyone and that’s profitable for the league and gets all the franchises success.”
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 0
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 9
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 56
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (56)