Sep 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Alex Tanguay has already lost an entire season to a lockout. He doesn’t want to lose another.
“The lifespan of a hockey player is usually not that long and you want to make sure that you have as much time as possible to enjoy your sport,” Tanguay said in a TSN report.
Tanguay is still crossing his fingers in hope that an agreement will be reached. However, the two sides still appear to be far apart and the current CBA is set to expire on Saturday.
All that being said, Tanguay is supportive of the players’ position when it comes to the ongoing negotiations.
“If you look at it, I don’t think the players are being greedy in any way,” Tanguay said. “Yes, we do make a lot of money. It’s the money we generate as well. You have to look at a little bit of everything.
“I feel very confident in the union and the job they’ve been doing. Hopefully we can reach a deal that’s fair for everyone and that’s profitable for the league and gets all the franchises success.”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)