Sep 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Alex Tanguay has already lost an entire season to a lockout. He doesn’t want to lose another.
“The lifespan of a hockey player is usually not that long and you want to make sure that you have as much time as possible to enjoy your sport,” Tanguay said in a TSN report.
Tanguay is still crossing his fingers in hope that an agreement will be reached. However, the two sides still appear to be far apart and the current CBA is set to expire on Saturday.
All that being said, Tanguay is supportive of the players’ position when it comes to the ongoing negotiations.
“If you look at it, I don’t think the players are being greedy in any way,” Tanguay said. “Yes, we do make a lot of money. It’s the money we generate as well. You have to look at a little bit of everything.
“I feel very confident in the union and the job they’ve been doing. Hopefully we can reach a deal that’s fair for everyone and that’s profitable for the league and gets all the franchises success.”
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)