Sep 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Alex Tanguay has already lost an entire season to a lockout. He doesn’t want to lose another.
“The lifespan of a hockey player is usually not that long and you want to make sure that you have as much time as possible to enjoy your sport,” Tanguay said in a TSN report.
Tanguay is still crossing his fingers in hope that an agreement will be reached. However, the two sides still appear to be far apart and the current CBA is set to expire on Saturday.
All that being said, Tanguay is supportive of the players’ position when it comes to the ongoing negotiations.
“If you look at it, I don’t think the players are being greedy in any way,” Tanguay said. “Yes, we do make a lot of money. It’s the money we generate as well. You have to look at a little bit of everything.
“I feel very confident in the union and the job they’ve been doing. Hopefully we can reach a deal that’s fair for everyone and that’s profitable for the league and gets all the franchises success.”
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 62
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (87)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (80)