Sep 14, 2012, 10:12 PM EDT
The current CBA is set to expire on Saturday. Anything could happen, but all signs seem to be pointing towards a lockout.
At the least, Jason Spezza isn’t expecting any shocking news.
“I’m not anticipating anything miraculous to happen in the next 24 hours or so,” Spezza said, according to the Ottawa Citizen.
Still, Spezza hasn’t given up hope. He still thinks we might see a resolution in time to hold a full 82-game season, or something close to that.
“There is a lot of good conversation going on,” he said. “Unfortunately, with something like this, it’s going to pretty much be doom and gloom until a deal gets done. I don’t think there’s going to be a build up like, ‘things are going really well’. One day, we’re going to wake up and it will be over, I think. That’s how it happened last time.”
That’s something to worth keeping in mind as we move forward.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)