Sep 14, 2012, 10:12 PM EDT
The current CBA is set to expire on Saturday. Anything could happen, but all signs seem to be pointing towards a lockout.
At the least, Jason Spezza isn’t expecting any shocking news.
“I’m not anticipating anything miraculous to happen in the next 24 hours or so,” Spezza said, according to the Ottawa Citizen.
Still, Spezza hasn’t given up hope. He still thinks we might see a resolution in time to hold a full 82-game season, or something close to that.
“There is a lot of good conversation going on,” he said. “Unfortunately, with something like this, it’s going to pretty much be doom and gloom until a deal gets done. I don’t think there’s going to be a build up like, ‘things are going really well’. One day, we’re going to wake up and it will be over, I think. That’s how it happened last time.”
That’s something to worth keeping in mind as we move forward.
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 26
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 67
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 33
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona