Sep 14, 2012, 4:27 PM EST
In advance of the Sept. 15 expiration of the collective bargaining agreement, several NHL teams took advantage of a special waiver exemption with regards to the AHL.
One of the few things the NHL and the NHL Players Association agreed on this week was a mechanism for shipping players to the AHL in case of a lockout.
Players who are subject to clearing waivers and who are waived before the Collective Bargaining Agreement expires at midnight Saturday can be assigned to the AHL and then can return without re-entry waivers if they are recalled three days before play resumes.
That includes those on two-way contracts.
Here’s the full list of the 63 put on waivers, as provided by TSN:
Anaheim Ducks: Jordan Hendry
Buffalo Sabres: Nick Tarnasky, Kevin Porter
Calgary Flames: Akim Aliu, Paul Byron, Krys Kolanos, Joe Piskula, Ben Walter
Columbus Blue Jackets: Cody Bass, Nick Drazenovic, Nick Holden, Andrew Joudrey, Ryan Russell
Edmonton Oilers: Dane Byers, Tanner House, Alex Plante, Yann Danis
Los Angeles Kings: Andrew Bodnarchuk, Stefan Legein, David Meckler
Montreal Canadiens: Michael Blunden
New York Islanders: Sean Backman, Colin McDonald, Nathan McIver, Matt Watkins, Ty Wishart
San Jose Sharks: Danny Groulx, Bracken Kearns, Jon Matsumoto
St. Louis Blues: T.J. Hensick
Tampa Bay Lightning: J.T. Wyman
Toronto Maple Leafs: Greg Scott, Ryan Hamilton
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 4
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)