Sep 14, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
In advance of the Sept. 15 expiration of the collective bargaining agreement, several NHL teams took advantage of a special waiver exemption with regards to the AHL.
One of the few things the NHL and the NHL Players Association agreed on this week was a mechanism for shipping players to the AHL in case of a lockout.
Players who are subject to clearing waivers and who are waived before the Collective Bargaining Agreement expires at midnight Saturday can be assigned to the AHL and then can return without re-entry waivers if they are recalled three days before play resumes.
That includes those on two-way contracts.
Here’s the full list of the 63 put on waivers, as provided by TSN:
Anaheim Ducks: Jordan Hendry
Buffalo Sabres: Nick Tarnasky, Kevin Porter
Calgary Flames: Akim Aliu, Paul Byron, Krys Kolanos, Joe Piskula, Ben Walter
Columbus Blue Jackets: Cody Bass, Nick Drazenovic, Nick Holden, Andrew Joudrey, Ryan Russell
Edmonton Oilers: Dane Byers, Tanner House, Alex Plante, Yann Danis
Los Angeles Kings: Andrew Bodnarchuk, Stefan Legein, David Meckler
Montreal Canadiens: Michael Blunden
New York Islanders: Sean Backman, Colin McDonald, Nathan McIver, Matt Watkins, Ty Wishart
San Jose Sharks: Danny Groulx, Bracken Kearns, Jon Matsumoto
St. Louis Blues: T.J. Hensick
Tampa Bay Lightning: J.T. Wyman
Toronto Maple Leafs: Greg Scott, Ryan Hamilton
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 36
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 2
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 18
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13