Sep 14, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Bourque will complete the final season of his entry-level contract before earning $725,000 in 2013-14 and $825,000 the following season.
He got his first taste of NHL action last season with seven goals and 19 points in 43 games. He also made a name for himself in Nashville’s first round playoff series against the Detroit Red Wings.
He found the back of the net twice in the Predators’ playoff opener and was responsible for their game-winning goal. Nashville went on to eliminate Detroit in five games and Bourque set a franchise record for a rookie by recording four points in a single playoff series. He ended the postseason with a team-leading three goals.
He is projected to make the Nashville Predators’ roster after the owners and players agree on a new CBA.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)