Sep 14, 2012, 5:08 PM EST
Bourque will complete the final season of his entry-level contract before earning $725,000 in 2013-14 and $825,000 the following season.
He got his first taste of NHL action last season with seven goals and 19 points in 43 games. He also made a name for himself in Nashville’s first round playoff series against the Detroit Red Wings.
He found the back of the net twice in the Predators’ playoff opener and was responsible for their game-winning goal. Nashville went on to eliminate Detroit in five games and Bourque set a franchise record for a rookie by recording four points in a single playoff series. He ended the postseason with a team-leading three goals.
He is projected to make the Nashville Predators’ roster after the owners and players agree on a new CBA.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (64)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)