Sep 13, 2012, 5:16 PM EDT
He was the team’s final restricted free agent and will make $650,000 in the NHL. His annual AHL salary will be $105,000, but he’s guaranteed to make at least $300,000 in 2012-13, even if he spends the full campaign in the minors.
The Predators lost one of the top defensemen in the NHL over the summer when Ryan Suter signed with the Minnesota Wild. However, there’s still reason to be optimistic about Nashville’s long-term situation thanks to their core of promising young defensemen that includes Blum, Roman Josi, and Ryan Ellis
Blum only participated in 33 NHL games in 2011-12 compared to 48 contests in the minors, but he should play a much bigger role with the Nashville Predators this season — when/if the players and owners agree on a new CBA.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5