Sep 13, 2012, 5:16 PM EDT
He was the team’s final restricted free agent and will make $650,000 in the NHL. His annual AHL salary will be $105,000, but he’s guaranteed to make at least $300,000 in 2012-13, even if he spends the full campaign in the minors.
The Predators lost one of the top defensemen in the NHL over the summer when Ryan Suter signed with the Minnesota Wild. However, there’s still reason to be optimistic about Nashville’s long-term situation thanks to their core of promising young defensemen that includes Blum, Roman Josi, and Ryan Ellis
Blum only participated in 33 NHL games in 2011-12 compared to 48 contests in the minors, but he should play a much bigger role with the Nashville Predators this season — when/if the players and owners agree on a new CBA.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54