Sep 13, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby decided to make his voice heard on Thursday and he did so while heavily support the NHLPA.
“Basically when you look at things, it’s a partnership,” Crosby said of the relationship between the NHL and players, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “If you look at the key principles of everything, we’re showing we’re willing to move, to sacrifice things.
“If you look at (the NHL) proposal, it’s not really the same type of feeling.”
When it comes to the NHL’s latest proposal, Crosby doesn’t think there’s “really an incentive for the players.”
Concussion issues have limited Crosby to just 63 regular season contests over the last two seasons, but he’s still managed to record 103 points over that span. In 2010-11, it looked like he might have been able to set new career-highs if he had stayed healthy and it would be great to see what he could do now if he managed to play a full 82-game season.
Unfortunately, Crosby acknowledged on Thursday that the odds of avoiding a lockout are “not looking great.”
If there is a lengthy NHL lockout, Crosby will look at his other options, including the possibility of playing in Europe.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)