Sep 13, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby decided to make his voice heard on Thursday and he did so while heavily support the NHLPA.
“Basically when you look at things, it’s a partnership,” Crosby said of the relationship between the NHL and players, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “If you look at the key principles of everything, we’re showing we’re willing to move, to sacrifice things.
“If you look at (the NHL) proposal, it’s not really the same type of feeling.”
When it comes to the NHL’s latest proposal, Crosby doesn’t think there’s “really an incentive for the players.”
Concussion issues have limited Crosby to just 63 regular season contests over the last two seasons, but he’s still managed to record 103 points over that span. In 2010-11, it looked like he might have been able to set new career-highs if he had stayed healthy and it would be great to see what he could do now if he managed to play a full 82-game season.
Unfortunately, Crosby acknowledged on Thursday that the odds of avoiding a lockout are “not looking great.”
If there is a lengthy NHL lockout, Crosby will look at his other options, including the possibility of playing in Europe.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)