Sep 13, 2012, 12:38 PM EDT
Long known as a tireless and relentless taskmaster, new Calgary head coach Bob Hartley isn’t letting the prospect of a lockout prevent him from planning Flames training camp.
Intricately planning training camp.
“Down to the smallest details,” he explained to the Calgary Herald. “We’ve got the drills planned. The sessions mapped out. We’ve even got the teams picked.
“We’ve got our flights arranged. Our practice times decided. You can ask anyone working on the staff — trainers, equipment people, medical, video guys. We’ve got to be pro-active.
“We have a checklist drawn up: Who’s in charge of the fruits, the bagels, the timekeepers, the referees, the coaches. Everything.”
Aside from checkmarking the breakfast buffet, Hartley is also attending to some hockey-related business.
He’s sent out questionnaires to various Flames players and met with “seven to 10 players” already. Some of those were subjected to two-hour meetings with Hartley, who clearly isn’t messing around after getting his first NHL gig in five years.
“We’re proceeding as if training camp is starting on time,” he said. “As if the season’s starting on time. As if it’s business as usual.”
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 59
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 58
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 164
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)