Sep 12, 2012, 11:33 PM EDT
If you’ve been reading PHT today, you already know that the union and NHL met on Wednesday, but we still don’t have an agreement. However, if you’re interested in watching NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr’s press conferences, you can do so below.
First up is Bettman’s conference. He said that the player’s came to the league with a proposal, but he didn’t feel that it was significantly different from the one the NHL already rejected:
The NHL did respond by making a proposal to the NHLPA. Fehr said that he still has to study it and he hopes that the NHL will take a closer look at the union’s offer.
Fehr added that he doesn’t see “any reason” why the players should accept an “absolute reduction” in players’ salary. However, they are willing to have their share of hockey-related revenues shrink as league revenues grow:
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54