Sep 12, 2012, 6:33 PM EST
The inaugural CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game is scheduled for Sept. 29 and we now know which prospects will be on Team Housley and which will represent Team McClanahan, according to the Sabres’ official website.
The squads are named after their coaches, Rob McClanahan, who was part of the “Miracle on Ice” team in 1980 and seven-time all-star Phil Housley.
The contest will feature 40 top-tier American prospects eligible for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, including seven players that NHL Central Scouting currently considers worthy of first-round consideration.
Players from a number of different leagues and colleges have been selected to be part of the tournament. It will also included several members of Team USA’s 2012 Under-18 squad, which earned America’s fourth consecutive gold medal in the IIHF World U18 Championships.
Among the big-name prospects that will be a part of this game is Seth Jones, who might end up being selected very early in the 2013 draft.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 6
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 34
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 73
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 63
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)