Sep 12, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
The deal means the young pair (Scrivens is 26, Reimer 24) will be with the club through the 2014 season.
An undrafted free agent signed by Toronto in 2010, Scrivens made his mark last season in the AHL by posting a 22-15-1 record with four shutouts and a league-best 2.04 GAA.
He backstopped the Marlies to a Calder Cup finals appearance and won the Harry “Hap” Holmes Award for allowing the fewest goals during the regular season.
Though Scrivens’ NHL experience is limited — just 12 career appearances — he could be in line for an increase this season.
Reimer struggled through a tough sophomore campaign in 2011-12, posting a 14-14-4 record with a 3.10 GAA while missing a significant amount of time with a neck injury (reportedly whiplash.)
It’s also clear the Leafs think highly of Scrivens — at least enough that they were comfortable parting ways with Jonas Gustavsson, who was traded to Winnipeg at the draft.
UPDATE: According to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, Scrivens’ deal is a two-way contract in the first year, one-way in the second. It pays $1.2 million over two seasons for an average annual cap hit of $612,500.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)