Sep 12, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
The deal means the young pair (Scrivens is 26, Reimer 24) will be with the club through the 2014 season.
An undrafted free agent signed by Toronto in 2010, Scrivens made his mark last season in the AHL by posting a 22-15-1 record with four shutouts and a league-best 2.04 GAA.
He backstopped the Marlies to a Calder Cup finals appearance and won the Harry “Hap” Holmes Award for allowing the fewest goals during the regular season.
Though Scrivens’ NHL experience is limited — just 12 career appearances — he could be in line for an increase this season.
Reimer struggled through a tough sophomore campaign in 2011-12, posting a 14-14-4 record with a 3.10 GAA while missing a significant amount of time with a neck injury (reportedly whiplash.)
It’s also clear the Leafs think highly of Scrivens — at least enough that they were comfortable parting ways with Jonas Gustavsson, who was traded to Winnipeg at the draft.
UPDATE: According to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, Scrivens’ deal is a two-way contract in the first year, one-way in the second. It pays $1.2 million over two seasons for an average annual cap hit of $612,500.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 0
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 9
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 56
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (56)