Sep 12, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
The deal means the young pair (Scrivens is 26, Reimer 24) will be with the club through the 2014 season.
An undrafted free agent signed by Toronto in 2010, Scrivens made his mark last season in the AHL by posting a 22-15-1 record with four shutouts and a league-best 2.04 GAA.
He backstopped the Marlies to a Calder Cup finals appearance and won the Harry “Hap” Holmes Award for allowing the fewest goals during the regular season.
Though Scrivens’ NHL experience is limited — just 12 career appearances — he could be in line for an increase this season.
Reimer struggled through a tough sophomore campaign in 2011-12, posting a 14-14-4 record with a 3.10 GAA while missing a significant amount of time with a neck injury (reportedly whiplash.)
It’s also clear the Leafs think highly of Scrivens — at least enough that they were comfortable parting ways with Jonas Gustavsson, who was traded to Winnipeg at the draft.
UPDATE: According to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, Scrivens’ deal is a two-way contract in the first year, one-way in the second. It pays $1.2 million over two seasons for an average annual cap hit of $612,500.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 44
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 57
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 34
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 167
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (167)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (62)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)