Sep 12, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
The deal means the young pair (Scrivens is 26, Reimer 24) will be with the club through the 2014 season.
An undrafted free agent signed by Toronto in 2010, Scrivens made his mark last season in the AHL by posting a 22-15-1 record with four shutouts and a league-best 2.04 GAA.
He backstopped the Marlies to a Calder Cup finals appearance and won the Harry “Hap” Holmes Award for allowing the fewest goals during the regular season.
Though Scrivens’ NHL experience is limited — just 12 career appearances — he could be in line for an increase this season.
Reimer struggled through a tough sophomore campaign in 2011-12, posting a 14-14-4 record with a 3.10 GAA while missing a significant amount of time with a neck injury (reportedly whiplash.)
It’s also clear the Leafs think highly of Scrivens — at least enough that they were comfortable parting ways with Jonas Gustavsson, who was traded to Winnipeg at the draft.
UPDATE: According to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, Scrivens’ deal is a two-way contract in the first year, one-way in the second. It pays $1.2 million over two seasons for an average annual cap hit of $612,500.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)