Sep 12, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
We’ve seen some activity in the CBA negotiations today, but what we obviously don’t have yet is an agreement.
It’s still possible that when the current CBA expires on Saturday, there will be a lockout after a mere seven seasons worth of labor peace.
“Another extended lockout would be terrible for the fans; it’s just going to be a slap in the face,” Ian White said, according to Detroit News. “They responded unbelievably to the last one in record numbers (in attendance), and this time they’d be really hurt.
“You hate to see that. The players genuinely care about the fans. We’re fans, as well.”
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8