Sep 12, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
We’ve seen some activity in the CBA negotiations today, but what we obviously don’t have yet is an agreement.
It’s still possible that when the current CBA expires on Saturday, there will be a lockout after a mere seven seasons worth of labor peace.
“Another extended lockout would be terrible for the fans; it’s just going to be a slap in the face,” Ian White said, according to Detroit News. “They responded unbelievably to the last one in record numbers (in attendance), and this time they’d be really hurt.
“You hate to see that. The players genuinely care about the fans. We’re fans, as well.”
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 0
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54