Sep 12, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
We’ve seen some activity in the CBA negotiations today, but what we obviously don’t have yet is an agreement.
It’s still possible that when the current CBA expires on Saturday, there will be a lockout after a mere seven seasons worth of labor peace.
“Another extended lockout would be terrible for the fans; it’s just going to be a slap in the face,” Ian White said, according to Detroit News. “They responded unbelievably to the last one in record numbers (in attendance), and this time they’d be really hurt.
“You hate to see that. The players genuinely care about the fans. We’re fans, as well.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)