Sep 12, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
We’ve seen some activity in the CBA negotiations today, but what we obviously don’t have yet is an agreement.
It’s still possible that when the current CBA expires on Saturday, there will be a lockout after a mere seven seasons worth of labor peace.
“Another extended lockout would be terrible for the fans; it’s just going to be a slap in the face,” Ian White said, according to Detroit News. “They responded unbelievably to the last one in record numbers (in attendance), and this time they’d be really hurt.
“You hate to see that. The players genuinely care about the fans. We’re fans, as well.”
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 0
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 21
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 7
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)