Sep 12, 2012, 8:47 PM EDT
Greg Jamison reportedly has secured the funds necessary to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes, but that hasn’t been the end of this already lengthy saga.
Glendale city manager Horatio Skeete wants to change the terms of their $300 million, 20-year arena payment plan before they finalize the deal with Jamison, according to the Phoenix Business Journal and Lisa Halverstadt of the Arizona Republic.
Under the current proposal, Glendale would pay Jamison $92 million in the initial five years, but Skeete wants that reduced to $72 million.
If it turns out that Jamison doesn’t buy the team, but the NHL wants to continue to use Jobing.com Arena, then the league would need to renegotiate with Glendale.
That being said, Skeete still hopes to finalized the numbers with Jamison this week.
“The fact that we continue to talk gives me hope that we can come to an understanding of the city’s position, the city’s requirement for us to be successful in signing the deal,” Skeete said, according to Halverstadt.
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 5
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 28
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 87
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 60
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 98
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (98)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (87)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games