Sep 12, 2012, 4:57 PM EST
Today in Edmonton, Oilers ownership asked city council to commit even more money to help build a new downtown arena for the club.
City council said no.
From the Edmonton Journal:
The discussion was held in private. Mayor Stephen Mandel wouldn’t say how much money the Katz Group was asking for when he spoke with the media outside the council chambers.
Asked if he was still optimistic the arena will be built, Mandel said “optimistic might not be the best word.
“Frustrated might be a better word,” he said.
Regardless, it’s hard to imagine the entire project coming off the rails.
Let’s just call it a hiccup for now.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)