Sep 12, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
Today in Edmonton, Oilers ownership asked city council to commit even more money to help build a new downtown arena for the club.
City council said no.
From the Edmonton Journal:
The discussion was held in private. Mayor Stephen Mandel wouldn’t say how much money the Katz Group was asking for when he spoke with the media outside the council chambers.
Asked if he was still optimistic the arena will be built, Mandel said “optimistic might not be the best word.
“Frustrated might be a better word,” he said.
Regardless, it’s hard to imagine the entire project coming off the rails.
Let’s just call it a hiccup for now.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 0
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (56)