Sep 12, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
Today in Edmonton, Oilers ownership asked city council to commit even more money to help build a new downtown arena for the club.
City council said no.
From the Edmonton Journal:
The discussion was held in private. Mayor Stephen Mandel wouldn’t say how much money the Katz Group was asking for when he spoke with the media outside the council chambers.
Asked if he was still optimistic the arena will be built, Mandel said “optimistic might not be the best word.
“Frustrated might be a better word,” he said.
Regardless, it’s hard to imagine the entire project coming off the rails.
Let’s just call it a hiccup for now.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 7
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 2
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 13
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 19
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (97)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)